This meal with Amelia is an amazingly tasty (and amazingly easy) breakfast. Dutch Babies! (Also known as German Pancakes.) You just need a few basic ingredients that are already in your fridge and pantry. In this episode, Amelia shows us how to quickly whip up a breakfast that even her little brother enjoyed!
Dutch Babies (German Pancakes)
Directions for Dutch Babies
- Combine eggs, milk, flour, salt and 1/2 of the butter (melted) in a bowl or blender.
- Blend the mix until it forms a smooth batter with no lumps.
- Melt the other two tablespoons of butter in a hot, oven safe skillet.
- Pour batter into the hot, buttered skillet, and immediately transfer the pan to a 450 degree oven.
- Bake for about 17 minutes, until puffy and golden brown.
- Sprinkle with toppings like powered sugar, your favorite fruit and warm maple syrup.
**REMEMBER TO ALWAYS ASK AN ADULT FOR SUPERVISION OR HELP WITH A HOT STOVE, OVEN OR SHARP KITCHEN UTENSILS!