This is an easy weeknight dinner recipe. And your little brother will LOVE the cinnamon apples!!
Keep in mind that greasy BLTs are not tasty, so in this episode we try two different ways to cook the bacon. Microwave or oven baked? Which is best? Watch the video to find out!
- Sandwich Bread
- Bacon (we like thick-cut bacon)
- 1 Tablespoon of butter — melted
Possible Other Toppings
Directions for BLTs
- Cook the bacon. You can cook it in the oven at 400 degrees for 17 minutes on a cookie cooking rack over a cookie sheet. Or you can cook it in the microwave but putting the bacon between paper towels and cooking for approximately 1 minute per slice (about 15 seconds less per slice if you don’t use thick-cut bacon).
- While your bacon is cooking, brown your bread. Paint each slice of bread with the melted butter and grill on a skillet, griddle or in a toaster. Flip the bread to brown each side.
- When the bacon is finished cooking, assemble your sandwiches. Add the bacon, lettuce and tomatoes and other desired toppings to the toasted bread.
- Eat and Enjoy!
**REMEMBER TO ALWAYS ASK AN ADULT FOR SUPERVISION OR HELP WITH A HOT STOVE, OVEN OR SHARP KITCHEN UTENSILS!