Need to feed a large group?
Need something quick and easy?
Amelia shows us how to make easy spaghetti with meat sauce.
Easy Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
- 1 lb uncooked spaghetti noodles
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage or hamburger meat
- 1 small onion
- 1 large jar of spaghetti sauce (we like Traditional Prego)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Basil – Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
Directions for Pasta
- Bring enough water to cover the spaghetti to a boil.
- Add the pasta noodles to the water and stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- After water reaches a boil, allow to cook for about 9 minutes.
- Drain into a colander (have an adult do this part!) and rinse with warm water.
Directions for Meat Sauce
- Cut onion into small pieces.
- Add olive oil and onions to skillet and brown onions.
- Add Italian sausage to the skillet and stir/mash until separated and cooked through — you shouldn’t see ANY pink meat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- After meat has browned, add the spaghetti sauce and heat until sauce is warm.
Plate Your Dish!
- Put cooked noodles on plate, cover with meat sauce.
- Top with your favorite topping (we like Basil and Parmesan Cheese)
- Serve with salad, bread or other delicious sides.
**REMEMBER TO ALWAYS ASK AN ADULT FOR SUPERVISION OR HELP WITH A HOT STOVE, OVEN OR SHARP KITCHEN UTENSILS!