This episode is an example of a recipe that didn’t go exactly as planned, but still turned out delicious. Amelia shows us how to make her favorite mint chocolate chip, ice cream cake roll. It’s probably not going to make the cake display at Baskin Robbins, but it sure passed the family taste test. Delicious!
Ice Cream Cake Roll - Mint Chocolate Chip
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 milk
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 1/2 gallon mint chocolate chip ice cream (get the square container)
Directions for the Salmon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, cocoa and baking powder.
- Add eggs, milk and mint extract — combine to form a batter.
- Spread batter into a jelly roll plan that has been lined with parchment paper and sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake cake for 15 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
- Flip hot cake onto a kitchen towel and roll the cake up into the towel (see video). Let the cake cool completely – about 3 hours.
- Carefully unroll the cake and remove the parchment paper. Place the cake on plastic wrap.
- Cut softened ice cream into 1/2 inch slices and place on cake. Once melted enough to spread, spread the ice cream over the cake (see video).
- Immediately wrap the cake in the plastic wrap, and place in freezer until completely frozen (about 3 hours).
- Unroll cake from plastic, slice and enjoy!
**REMEMBER TO ALWAYS ASK AN ADULT FOR SUPERVISION OR HELP WITH A HOT STOVE, OVEN OR SHARP KITCHEN UTENSILS!